Project Initiation

Create building plans and define scope of work.

1.1 Design & Drafting

Every successful build begins with a design that balances beauty, practicality, durability, energy efficiency and cost effectiveness. All Building permit applications require detailed building plans. Levi Weaver of PapaDraftsman is one of our partners who works closely with our design team. See our Gallery of Custom Design Homes.

1.2 Structural Engineer

Christina Willerton with Willerton Engineering creates detailed Structural Engineering Drawings needed for every permit application.

1.3 Surveyor

The surveyors from Browne Johnson Land Surveyors create Site Plans with Topography and Building Location Certificates

1.4 Geotechnical Engineer

David Neitsch, a certified Geotechnical Engineer, completes Field Reviews and an assessment of soil conditions for every building site.

1.5 Certified Energy Advisor

The province of British Columbia requires an Energy Report for all new construction. Matthew Peterson with Petraform Consulting in Salmon Arm works with our team to assess our homes. 250-517-8084

1.6 Home Warranty

The province of British Columbia legislated a requirement that all new construction be covered by Home Warranty. This is regulated by BC Housing. All Wood Creek Construction homes are insured by Pacific Home Warranty.

1.7 Municipal Building Permit

New construction projects will fall under local municipal regulations. The most common municipalities we work with include:
City of Salmon Arm
CSRD (Columbia Shuswap Regional District)
RDNO (Regional District of North Okanagan)
– District of Sicamous

1.8 Insurance

All Wood Creek Construction projects are covered by our blanket General Liability Insurance Policy. Course of Construction Insurance is also normally obtained through the homeowner policy for the duration of the project.

1.9 Septic

The province of British Columbia Interior Health Department requires certification of all Sewerage Systems. Many communities will have community water and sewerage systems. For projects that don’t have community water and sewer available, an Onsite Septic System must be designed and installed by an R.O.W.P. (Registered Onsite Wastewater Practitioner). Building permits will not be issued without Interior Health Approval.
Scroll to top